For a lot of users Google Drive is the choiced tool for storage of data for further use. Not only the users, but various companies also use the Slack tools for the purpose of communication and cooperation. The Slack tools are known for its tracking ability of the files and maintaining the relation of the teammates.of a company.
Companies can streamline their workflows and ease communication on one platform using different tools and apps with Slack integrations. In case users wish to communicate face-to-face directly over Slack, there’s also a Zoom Slack integration that can be easily installed within minutes.
While we are using both Slack tools and Google Drive, these are outstanding apps for enhancing the projects.
If you want to install Google Drive, you can download it through Slack; its integration with Google Drive is very simple.
We always want to enhance our productivity, save time and energy. You can do it through integration. Once you have integrated Google Drive with Slack, you can easily do important work without taking the burden of changing the apps.
6 Things You Can Do With Google Drive for Slack
The slack google drive integration is one of the important things. If you want to do a lot of work at one place in your work area, you must go with Google Drive in Slack.
- Files: Files, slides, documents etc can be generated through your Slack space inside.
- Files Sharing: If you want to share your Google Drive Documents you can do it directly to your Slack app. Integration of documents becomes easy by this.
- Quick Access to the Files: If anybody wants the document that is saved in Slack Google Drive he gives automatic access.
- GoogleUpdateDrive updates: there is a very nice thing about Slack is that they send you a notification in case there is any change in your Google Drive files, like if someone wants access to any of your files, Slack will automatically send you a message about it.
- Reply to Google Drive comments: If somebody comments on the file that is in the Google Drive you will immediately get the notification. If you want, you can reply to that comment.
- Search inside Google Drive files: If your files are shared in a common place that is Slack, you will be able to find every file very quickly.
Google Drive For Slack
People want to connect with the Slack tools. In that case their Google Drive account must be connected to Slack. in order to do this you can send the Slack link or you can directly go to the Slack app directory and connect Google Drive from there.
Google Drive Setting
- The file that you want to send, its link should be copied and pasted to the segment of message of a channel.
- After copy and pasting, send a message to share the given link.
- To get a confirmation about the message which is private, Sack will confirm about your Google Drive account connection. Once you get it you press the connect button and then follow the message to get Google Drive permission to Slack.
Steps to Connect Your Google Drive Account
- You should go to the Slack app directory in order to find the Google Drive page.
- After finding it add that to the Slack
- Press on Google Drive app addition
- Choose allow.
- Authenticate the Google drive account you will be using.
- Then they will ask if you want to connect your Google account to Slack.
- Click Allow.
Steps to Create & Share Google Drive File
- From any conversation, click on the plus icon next to the message field.
- Search for Google Drive, then choose whether you’d like to create a document, presentation or spreadsheet.
- Add a title to your file and a message if you’d like.
- Below Share this document, click the drop-down menu to select a person or channel to share the file with. If you’re not ready to share the file yet, untick the box next to Share this document.
- Click Create.
- To share, choose any conversation and click on the plus icon next to the message field.
- Search for and select Add from Google Drive.
- Choose a file, then click on Select to share it.
- Select Apps from the top of the left sidebar. If you don’t see this option, click on More to find it.
- Search for and select Google Drive to open the app.
- Click on the Messages tab at the top of the screen.
- Hover over a comment and click on Start a thread.
- Type a reply in the message field and send the message to add your comment to the file.
Management of Google Drive notifications
Slack helps in sending automatic updates and notification about the files when somebody wants to access the files or has commented on the files or shares a document. in case you don’t want any notification you can change it through Google Drive app anytime.
1. Changing Notification Criteria For All Files
- If you want to find the apps you can go to the top of the sidebar and on the left side you will find the apps. If you don’t find this, go to the more to find option and click it.
- Search it and then choose Google Drive and open it.
- If you look at the top of your device’s screen you will find the message tab and click on it.
- To change the criteria of the notifications you can choose off or on in the message place and send it.
2. Manage notifications for specific files
You have the full freedom to choose the Google Drive files you want to update from Slack.
- Open the file from Google Drive.
- You need to press the comment button which is in the corners of the top right.
- Girls the notification and you can choose which notification you want
In this article we learned the ways in which Slack app sends notification for Google Drive. Slack is an umbrella for all the apps needed for a company to go ahead with all their official work. In Google Drive, which is a cloud storage, we save a lot of files there. To protect that, Slack helps a lot.
Like what you're reading? Subscribe to our top stories.