Expert-Approved Techniques for Ecommerce Growth
Are you looking to grow your ecommerce business but need help figuring out where to start?
Don’t worry; you’re not alone.
Many ecommerce entrepreneurs need help finding the right strategies and techniques to take their business to the next level.
In this guide, we’ll share some expert-approved techniques for ecommerce growth.
From developing your shipping strategy to leveraging user-generated content (UGC), among other techniques. These tried-and-true methods will help you attract more customers and increase sales.
So, if you’re ready to supercharge your ecommerce growth, keep reading!
Other ecommerce businesses don’t pay too much attention to their shipping workflows.
They take the shipping aspect of their business as an afterthought.
Don’t be that person.
Putting together a carefully crafted shipping strategy can drastically improve your bottomline. Consider using these shipping strategies:
Offer free shipping. One shipping strategy that can be effective for ecommerce store owners is offering free shipping to customers. This can be a powerful incentive for shoppers, especially if they compare prices with other retailers. To make this strategy work, you may need to consider adjusting your product pricing or negotiating lower shipping rates with carriers.
Offer multiple shipping options. Another shipping strategy for ecommerce store owners is to offer multiple shipping options to customers. This can include options for standard delivery, expedited delivery, and even local pickup or delivery. By providing a range of shipping options, you can appeal to a wider range of customers and give them the flexibility to choose the option that best fits their needs. This can also help you reduce cart abandonment rates, as customers are more likely to complete their purchase if they feel they have control over how their order is delivered.
2. Invest in search engine optimization (SEO)
Do you want traffic that’s highly relevant, has longevity and is free?
Then you need to invest in SEO.
Investing in SEO provides long-term benefits for your ecommerce business.
Unlike paid advertising where the traffic you get immediately stops as soon as you stop paying for ads, the benefits of SEO continues to pay off long after your initial investment.
This makes SEO a cost-effective way to drive traffic and sales to your business.
Pay very close attention to these factors to succeed in SEO:
- Keyword research. Look for keywords that are relevant, has low competition, and have decent monthly search volume.
- Content writing. Some SEOs would argue that content and backlinks are the two of the most crucial ranking factors. Ensure your content are written with a strong level of polish, answers your reader’s questions, and provides tons of value.
- Content optimization. To optimize your content for the search engines, you need to know which keywords you’d like it to rank for. Once you know which keywords you’d like your pages to rank, insert your keywords in your headers, titles, etc. Content optimization requires a lot of work. Consider using SurferSEO, a content optimization tool, or work with SEO writers.
- Backlinks. Some SEO content providers will build you high quality backlinks for free if you order articles from them. Consider working with these providers so you can avoid paying for both your content and backlinks. Considering how crucial backlinks are for ranking your posts, you absolutely need to put a premium in building backlinks to your pages.
3. Use customer reviews and ratings
Here’s a kicker for you: A study by Spiegel Research Center found that products with at least five reviews had a 270% higher purchase rathan thosects with no reviews.
#mindblown Don’t miss out on the 270% purchase rate increase by not adding customer reviews and ratings to your ecommerce s especiallylly when it’s uber easy to pull off.
Here are a few tips to keep you going:
Use a review widget or plugin. One easy way to add customer ratings and reviews to your ecommerce site is by using a review widget or plugin. These tools allow you to collect and display customer reviews on your website easily. There are many different options available, so be sure to do your research and choose one that fits your needs and budget.
Ask for reviews through email. Another tip for adding customer ratings and reviews to your ecommerce site is to ask for them through email. You can send a follow-up email to customers after they make a purchase, asking them to leave a review on your site. Consider offering an incentive, such as a discount on their next purchase, to encourage customers to leave a review.
4. Publish posts about product alternatives
Instead of posting an article that’s clearly biased about a certain product you’re selling in your ecommerce store, consider publishing product alternatives.
Publishing alternative posts increase your credibility.
By showing that you are willing to highlight alternative products, you demonstrate that you are not just trying to sell your own products and are instead focused on helping your customers find the best solution for their needs.
This can increase credibility and trust in your business.
How does an alternative post look, you might be asking?
Here’s a well-written post about Smartsheet alternatives.
A lot of great things can be said about the Smartsheet alternative post above.
- The post is formatted well.
- It details the features and pricing packages of each alternative.
- It details why the readers should choose each presented alternative.
If your readers are looking for alternative products to the ones you’re selling, you provide tons of value since they no longer have to visit countless other pages to obtain the information they need.
Your product alternative post alone gives them a solid grasp of what the other product options are capable of.
In conclusion, there are many expert-approved techniques that can help drive growth for your ecommerce business.
From developing a sound shipping strategy and investing in SEO, and leveraging UGC, the options are endless.
It’s important to regularly assess and experiment with different strategies to find out what works best for your business.
With the right approach and a little bit of hard work, you can take your ecommerce venture to new heights of success.
Like what you're reading? Subscribe to our top stories.
We are continuously putting out relevant content. If you have any questions or suggestions, please contact us!
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube