5 Ways to Get Amazon Product Reviews in 2023
As we all know, feedback is critical to a seller’s success on Amazon. Since AMZ banned incentivized reviews, generating feedback has become harder and harder. Nonetheless, there are some simple and sure-fire options to get feedback and not pay for Amazon reviews.
This article will discuss the current state of affairs for AMZ product reviews and explain how to get those critical first testimonials.
As long as clients buy your goods in the marketplace, they are Amazon’s clients. And AMZ has strict rules that you need to follow if you wish to contact buyers.
A good option to do something about this is to develop your mailing list. Thus, you can ask for reviews from subscribers. A mailing list is also useful for new product launches, as you can message users and invite them to your promo landing page.
Luckily, there are many ways to do so. Below are only some examples:
- Social media
- Product inserts
Compiling your email list usually goes hand in hand with developing your brand outside AMZ, which is extremely important for any business.
Use Amazon’s “Request a Review” Button
One of the most effortless ways to generate reviews on AMZ is to leverage its “Request a Review” function. It’s a tab hosted by the marketplace wherein merchants can directly request buyers to share testimonials and feedback for a certain product.
If you use the “Request a Review” option, the platform sends a direct letter to your satisfied client seeking feedback as a review. Such a request may be sent within 5 to 30 days after an order, during which the buyer can share their testimonial.
Here is some helpful info about the benefits and drawbacks of this function:
- The platform’s ‘Request A Review’ function is easy for any user with little or no technical expertise, and client interaction is just at the click of this button.
- It saves your time, one of the most significant constraints when managing an eCommerce business and handling many day-to-day orders.
- It’s compliant with the platform’s policies, as it is a tool the online giant provides. It eliminates additional worries of failing the rigorous review request rules and its repercussions.
Nonetheless, on the other side, there are a few drawbacks to this:
- The letter sent to the client to share a review is on a regular template and doesn’t allow customizations.
- You can only select to send one request for a review only and via the buyer-seller messaging feature, which limits the number of requests.
- Sending a promo link and a request to review is a great way to advertise your merchandise. However, the platform’s Request a Review’ tool doesn’t allow sending promotional URLs to your clients. It only authorizes a usual generic email that comes with the template.
Use the Third-Party Review Automation Tool
There are many services like SageMailer that offer a unique AMZ ToS-approved tool that totally automates the Seller’s Central review requests for its users. Thus, they prove to be a smart way to generate feedback on the platform.
You can use this feature to send automated feedback requests to clients instead of doing this manually via your Amazon profile. Below are a few benefits of such services:
- They eliminate the tiresome task of manually using the review button for every listing.
- They provide an organized dashboard of all requests and order statuses.
- They allow you to customize feedback requests and choose the clients you want to send requests to.
- They save you energy and time, so you are fast at sending requests, as the swifter your messaging frequency is, the higher chances you have of clients acting on it.
Ask for Feedback on Social Media
One of the most efficient ways to solicit positive customer feedback is via social networks. There are almost 5 billion people who utilize social media and 2 billion buy online, so there’s a good chance that clients buying online are also present on social media. Benefit from these statistics and attempt to get in touch with your customers to pitch your feedback requests.
Collaboration with bloggers and influencers is an example of how to properly use social media to get product reviews. Influencer marketing proved to be powerful in growing product exposure. If you partner with influencers, you essentially access their entire audience network and can scale sales and reviews. The best method to do this is to approach a blogger in your niche and collaborate with them. You can send free products with personalized notes and, in turn, ask them to share an honest review with their followers.
Submit Goods to Amazon Vine
There’s one exception to the platform’s “do not exchange free merchandise for reviews” rule, and it is called Amazon Vine. The program is open to merchants with fewer than 30 reviews. You send 30 units that are then delivered to specially designated Vine reviewers for free. Such reviewers do not have to pay for the item or delivery.
The importance of this AMZ review program is that Vine users, known officially as “Vine Voices,” are selected by the marketplace based on the helpfulness of their other testimonials. You might have a better opportunity of obtaining more detailed feedback through this solution than you could via other channels.
More reviews translate to more sales. Follow our tips to generate more Amazon reviews today. What is your feedback management strategy? Do you use any tactics not noted here? Feel free to share in the comments below.
Like what you're reading? Subscribe to our top stories.
We are continuously putting out relevant content. If you have any questions or suggestions, please contact us!
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube